I’ve been uncomfortable in my complacency for a couple of months now, yet too confused to do anything about it because it seemed that everything I have ever tried in the past has landed me right back where I started in beginning with more wear-and-tear than I bargained for. On Sunday I prayed and asked the Lord to do a work in my life – I laid the fleece out on the lawn, if you will. I prayed that He would reveal Himself to me and grab ahold of my heart.
I prayed that my Prayer Life would become real – not just going through the motions of asking for things when I’m in need, but that I would learn to praise Him when things are taking place that are perhaps unpleasant. I prayed that I would be more concerned with what God thought about my prayer life than what my prayers sounded like to others. God doesn’t care about fancy words and impressive praise — He cares about what’s in my heart.
If you missed episode 1 of “What’s the Big Deal About the KJV?,” click HERE to watch it.
I wanted to provide you with a few other resources to read at your convenience. I really do think this issue is big and I want to be faithful in defending why I believe what I believe. I just don’t have the time, the skills, or the knowledge to write it all out for you myself. That is why I’m taking advantage of all the other great people out there that have taken their time and devoted it to this subject matter.
- Purified Seven Times – an online book written by Cody Watters
- The King James Bible Page – a blog of all things KJV
- The New King James Bible Counterfeit – an in-depth study of what’s wrong with the NKJV
- Bible Version Comparison – a list of 300 verses that modern version have changed
- Bible Verses Removed – a list of verses that have been removed from modern versions